Mark is a member of the 65 Degrees North team which successfully summited Kilimanjaro in Feb 2016.
Thank you for all helping make Kilimanjaro a remarkable and memorable experience. I have so many great memories, although some less memorable ones on the last day – especially the last hour on summit day!!
As promised here is the bootneck slang dictionary for you to try out on your family, friends and work colleagues:
- Beasting: Give someone a hard time; physically thrash someone
- Bite: To get someone on a bite; to kid somebody
- Bone: Someone who is stupid
- Chad: Really rubbish; you’re dress sense is chad
- Common dog: Common sense; again can be amplified using F*ck – use your common dog f*ck
- Devil dodger: Padre
- Dhobi: To wash yourself or your clothes
- Dit: A story
- Drip: To moan about something or someone
- Eyebrows: To confirm the genuine dit; if it is proved wrong the instigator of the ‘gen dit’ loses his eyebrows
- Flash: To lose your temper
- Foofoo powder: Being Welsh this will come as a shock!! It means foot powder!!
- Gen dit to: Say this really is true; gen dit, I heard that…normally followed in response by eyebrows?
- Goffer: This has three meanings; cold drink, big wave or to hit someone
- Gopping: Disgusting; that person was turbo gopping
- Hanging out: Very tired
- Hoofing: Good, quality
- Honking: Dirty, horrible; can be used to describe a person or item
- Icers: Very cold; icers goffer
- Minging: Very drunk, can also be used to describe someone who is horrible; he/she is a minger
- Mucker: Good mate
- Nutty: Sweets, chocolate
- Pongo: Someone from the Army; where the Army goes, the pong goes
- Ping: To ‘volunteer’ someone
- Proffers: A long term loan of an item using dubious methods (not from an individual but from the stores etc)
- Queens: Same meaning as eyebrows; cannot be disrespected and if questioned with ‘eyebrows’ or ‘queens’ the truth must be told
- Redders/red pigs: Really hot; I am Harry red pigs
- Run Ashore: A night out on the town
- Sippers: To share a drink; give us sippers mucker
- Snap one off: Ask Ceri!!
- Swamp: Urinate
- Threaders: Not happy; again can be used with Turbo ie turbo threaders, really hacked off
- Turbo: Used to amplify ‘Hoofing; i.e turbo hoofing; not to be beaten, the very best
- Waz: Brilliant
- Wet: Hot drink
- Wrap: To give up
Hope this clears everything up now!!